Details for Advertising Sales Representative
This position is within the advertising sales team and is responsible for maintaining current business and growing new business revenue from locally based businesses doing business in and around our local communities we cover. The sales focus will be on businesses that advertise heavily in local media and includes but is not limited to key retail, home improvement, medical, financial, government, legal/professional and educational entities. New business includes inactive advertisers and undeveloped business categories. This Advertising Sales Representative will spend 80% of each work week actively selling Colorado Community Media print and digital advertising solutions to accounts located in and around our local communities we cover.
- Identify and prioritize new business prospects, leads and categories with management
- Establish contacts with decision makers and decision influencers at the account level
- Develop sales solutions, presentations and proposals that will be effective in building business within the assigned area and categories of responsibility
- Meets and exceeds sales targets as outlined by the manager responsible for Advertising Sales accounts
- Records all sales results and status in the contact management system (Infusionsoft)
- Continues to improve selling techniques and applications with company provided training
- Complies with rate schedules, productions procedures, accounting procedures, credit policies, and deadlines
- Set appointments with customers and prospects, conducts needs assessment calls and develops multi-media solutions that capture and grow business.
- Be present in office unless a set appointment is made with an advertiser or potential advertiser.
- Calendars are to be synced within contact management system (Infusionsoft)
- Develops relationships with prospects and clients by networking at community, business and other opportunity events and functions.
- Aggressively pursues and grows business from a largely new client base
- Commissions are measured on total revenue, digital revenue and other assigned advertising focus areas
- Reach 25-30 new prospects a week setting a minimum of 2-3 face to face appointments.
- Be in office by 8:30am every day. Only leave office for set appointments or networking events.
- Advertising Sales Rep will thrive in an aggressive business building environment and be able to build a long-term base of business with strong business relationships via personal, phone, email and web communication
Please email resume to email@example.com