Details for RFP: LOBBYING SERVICES
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: LOBBYING SERVICES
COLORADO PRESS ASSOCIATION
The Colorado Press Association is seeking responses to this request for proposals to represent the Association as a lobbyist in its efforts to influence Colorado state government.
The Colorado Press Association is the professional trade association that represents newspaper media in Colorado, both in print and online. It provides a variety of services to its members, including lobbying services on issues of importance to its members in the State of Colorado. For additional information about CPA and its activities, more information can be found at CPA’s website at coloradopressassociation.com.
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work for contract will be to:
-Identify and secure sponsors for CPA-initiated legislation for 2019 session of Colorado General Assembly.
-Review all legislation introduced during the 2019 regular session of the Colorado General Assembly, analyze each bill for issues of interest to CPA and recommend position on each bill.
-Provide regular updates to CPA representative(s). Such updates may be by telephone, personal conversations, email or written reports.
-Attend and participate in CPA meetings as requested.
-Advocate on behalf of CPA with legislators, Governor and Governor’s staff and other interested parties.
-Identify opportunities for CPA staff or members to participate in legislative process.
-Testify at legislative hearings as necessary and appropriate.
-Provide end of session report no later than June 15, 2019.
People or firms submitting proposals should provide at least the following information:
1. Letter of Interest.
2. The name of the person or firm submitting a proposal.
3. Details, including resumes, about any person who will provide services to CPA including specific knowledge or expertise that will allow the person or firm to provide lobbying services to CPA. Provide proof of registration, or ability to obtain registration, as a lobbyist in Colorado.
4. Demonstrated experience or knowledge including, but not limited to, experience lobbying and knowledge of/or experience with issues of importance to newspapers and online publications.
5. Proposed plan to provide lobbying services to CPA.
6. A complete list of current clients and those served in the previous two years and a declaration of any actual or possible conflict of interest with issues of importance to CPA.
7. A list of three references who can provide information about respondents’ ability to provide lobbying services to CPA.
The term of the initial contract will be from contract award until June 30, 2019. The contract can be renewed by the agreement of both parties. The initial contract will pay a fixed payment of $35,000, billed as monthly retainer during the duration of the contract, and is to include out-of-pocket expenses.
Proposals must be submitted no later than 6 p.m. June 29, 2018, by email to CEO@colopress.net. Questions about the RFP may be submitted at the same email address no later than 6:00 p.m. on June 22, 2018.