1. Time frame announced:
The time frame for Colorado Press Association's annual Better Newspaper Contest has been set.
- CPA members will receive contest packets in mid October.
- The time frame for accepted submissions into the contest is Nov. 1, 2015 to Oct. 31, 2016.
- Entries can be submitted between Nov. 1 to Dec. 6.
2. We’re doing early bird entry fees again:
Back by popular demand, there will again be an early bird option. Entries received by Nov. 29 will cost $5.50 per entry and entries received between Nov. 30 and Dec. 6 will cost $7.50 per entry. Online payment will again be available.
3. Three new categories added and one amended:
Due to multiple requests, the Public Service category is back in the rotation.
Also added to the contest were categories specific to special sections. Instead of Best Editorial Special Section, it’s been split into categories:
- Best Editorial Special Section — Print
- Best Editorial Special Section — Glossy/Magazine
“The contest committee believed the difference in design and writing style between the print special sections and glossy publications were too different to be in the same category,” said CPA CEO Jerry Raehal.
Also added was a Best Niche Publication — Community Guides, which can include Welcome Guides, Summer Guides, etc.
4. The time is now!
If you have not participated in the contest previously, but would like to this year, please contact Jean Creel at 303-571-5117 or at email@example.com.
5. And the winners are …
Contest winners will be announced at the 2017 Colorado Press Association Annual Convention, the core of which is scheduled for April 21-22. The awards dinner is tentatively scheduled for the evening of April 22.